Thursday, July 28, 2011

Reflecting

It's simple really I love mid summer when fruit is fresh and seasonal and fresh flowers are vibrant.

I was pleasantly surprised today when making a quick salad for lunch and I noticed the colors of my salad were completely coordinating with the colors of my mini arrangement.





My mother always told me your meal should have as many colors of the rainbow as possible and that is how I look at making a salad. I take all of the bright seasonal goodness I love and throw it together.
The Salad- Organic spinach
Layer of alfalfa sprouts
Hearty handful of green lentils (I always keep a Tupperware full of lentils to add to any dish or as a filling side)
1/4 hass avocado
1/2 juicy organic peach
1 oz of cypress grove crumbled humboldt fog goat cheese

Lastly the dressing simple to highlight the flavors already there
Some Ev olive oil
Slash of balsamic
Lime squeeze
Fresh pepper
Done.

All of my ingredients/flowers come from the Hillcrest farmers market in San Diego and Good ole' Trader Joes.

Taste the rainbow
Marchelle Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment